Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cj/alliancebjj.se/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cj/alliancebjj.se/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Sv: Alexandre Paiva i Finland/Polen (se längst ner i tråden)

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl … z-letni%2F

2a-8e augusti verkar det bli av i Zakopane (vintersportort i södra Polen). Lättaste sättet att åka dit tycks vara tåg eller buss från Krakow (ca 11km/2-3h).

Jag har ännu inte fått svar om när det kommer vara läger i Finland, men antagligen blir det någon gång runt samma tid. Ska kolla vidare om det.

Vore kul om vi blev fler som åkte i år!

http://bjj.nyh.se/pics/0908polen/ finns bilder från förra årets resa till Polen.

Webbplats

I think I could probably go!!  I'd love it!

This is Chris.  I can use google translator, so don't feel you have to write in English (unless you want practice *smile*)

I chatted with Alexandre today on MSN and he said he didn't know yet what time he would go to Finland but he thought he would know by the end of the month. But if we haven't heard anything a week into june, let's go for Poland anyway so we can make sure we get out of work and can book plane tickets before they get too expensive.

Webbplats

I emailed the guy in Poland yesterday and he said there are 10 spots.  I'm going to go ahead and pay to reserve a spot, even if Paiva comes to Sweden.  I don't wanna miss a camp.  Then I'll get 2 with him if he does actually come to Sweden.  :)

This is Chris.  I can use google translator, so don't feel you have to write in English (unless you want practice *smile*)

Oh, Finland that is. Typo. He won't come to Sweden this time, but if we all pick up a lot of new members fort the autumn semester then we might afford to bring him to the academy next year!

Webbplats

Just an FYI to encourage more people... there is a good chance Paiva will bring Tererê  to the Poland Camp!!!  Friend of mine talked to Paiva and Paiva said he would know next week.  If so, that will be an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING opportunity!!

Låter som om det kan bli ett riktigt bra seminarium! Paiva vet fortfarande inte om han kommer åka till Finland, men det lutar åt att det bara blir Polen, så dit jag kommer boka biljett i början av nästa vecka. Hör av dig innan dess om du tänker följa med så vi kan se till att vi hamnar på samma flyg!

Webbplats

I am definitely going.  However, my wife has to go away the week before to Paris for work.  So, the whole family is going.  IDK yet, but chances are, I'll fly from Paris to Poland.  I dont know yet because they havnt decided if her training is going to be in Paris or Spain.  But once they tell us, then we'll decide if I will fly to Poland from Stockholm or from wherever we are.  So you buy tickets, let me know your flight info, and if I fly out of Stockholm, I'll get on same flight.  Dates are August 2-8.  Does that mean we should fly in on August 1 (my birthday.. *smile*) and we start training on August 2?  And we train on August 8 so we should try to fly out in the evening of the 8th or the 9th?

34 Senast ändrad av fitbjj (2010-06-23 14:37:48)

You get your ticket yet?  Is it just you going Johan??  I just looked ant they are still pretty cheap.  I havnt bought mine yet but will tonight or tomorrow probably...

Also, do you know exactly where we go in Zakopane when we arrive??  The guy in charge isn't very good with emailing info...

Haven't booked yet. I haven't heard from Sebastian yet if I have a reservation for the camp, so I'm awaiting that plus info if I got a new job (which I hope will not interfere with the trip).

Where have you found cheap tickets? The cheapest I've found are at https://www.lot.com/ (from 2nd to 9th of august) and cost 2057kr, or 1869kr if we wait for the next flight a whole lot of hours in Warsaw (not worth the savings i'd say). That is twice as expensive as the ticket last year, but maybe that is difficult to avoid since Norwegian seems to have cancelled their direct route between Stockholm and Krakow.

Webbplats

36 Senast ändrad av fitbjj (2010-06-24 15:54:53)

Well me either.. kinda.  My last email from Sebastian was "Ok you can pay me in Zakopane,sebastian"  I assume thats my reservation and I'm gonna show up with that email in hand just in case.  :)  I dont think they'd turn me away.  And if they did, well.. I guess I'll spend a week in Poland.. heh.  He's not a good email correspondence. 

I havnt looked yet really.  I did a little search yesterday but nothing exciting.  My wife has some good websites, but she was busy yesterday...  I'll let you know.

August 2-9?  I'm planning on flying August 1 and returning August 8.  Camp starts on August 2, so you just planning on skipping first day?  I was planning on going and skipping the last day.

I booked my flight just now.  I used my miles awards to get a free flight.  We prob wont be on same flight because it's def not the cheapest flight if you had to pay for it.. but here's my itinerary.

August 1:  07:45 leave Stockholm, layover in Munich, arrive in Krakow at 12:25.
August 8:  13:00 leave Krakow, layover in Munich, arrive in Stockholm at 17:25.

Inget Polen för egen del i år tyvärr. Blev för dyrt plus att jag aldrig fick svar från arrangörerna om det fanns kvar plats eller inte. Sparar pengarna till framtida Brasilien-resa.

Webbplats

The Mendes brothers are coming to Europe.. Maybe Sweden.  Perhaps look into working with some bigger clubs to get them to do a seminar.  Or if they are coming, work in some privates...  Just a thought.  Shame you cant go to Poland.

Today was the first day of training.  Unfortunately it doesnt seem like ANYONE had much info about this trip.  Me and 3 others arrived last night because the website said the camp started today.  We figured it meant we started in the morning.  However, noone else arrived until like 3pm.  Then we found out that first training was at 7pm.  It was good.  The techniques we learned today I already knew.  It was a sweep and 3 variations.  The sweep where you are in half guard, reach around the opponents back and feed the opposite side of gi to that hand.  Then semi deep half guard and sweep.  And then 2 variations.  It was still good though.  Lasted like 1.5 hours.  Easy.  Then afterward I stayed like 20 mins or so and rolled with someone, but he was semi new and only trains 1x a week.  Tomorrow we train at 10am.  I did not video today, but I saw others recording, so I assume we can.  Tomorrow I'll record the techniques.  Hope all is good!  It's been hot here.  this morning I hiked 4 hours up the mountains.  It was nice.  I'll post photos later.

Have a good one!
Chris

keep the posts coming Chris!! hope you have a really good trip!!! looking forward to some more posts and photos!!

"If you aren't attacking, you are defending, and if you are defending it means that you are losing the fight at that moment."
Marcelo Garcia

Hey.  So I have some videos but not sure how to get them to you.  Too big to email.  Can I post them here somehow??  I don't see any button that says "Attachment".

Of course we want to see pictures too! I'm curious about the surroundings too. Wisla, where we were last year, was quite beautiful, so I guess the same goes for Zakopane.

Did Tererê come to the camp? Never trained with him, but hope I get the opportunity in Brazil.

I can try to come up with a way for you to post videos and photos on the forum or homepage. Do you have a FTP-program on your computer? Or you can try using Yousendit.com with a free trial account (I just created one for you that you can try, I'll mail you the login info). By the way, you can always ask the other guys if you can exchange videos and you'll get the first days techniques too.

Keep us updated about your BJJ adventures and send my regards to Alexandre!

Webbplats

Hey, I'm excited!  For that very reason.. Terere!  I dont KNOW if he is coming, however, after today's sparring session, Paiva was like "Tomorrow at evening training, I have a very big surprise for you all"...I immediately thought Terere.  I told my roommates... Would be amazing! 

I do not have a ftp program.  I can use yousendit.com  (internet slow here).  If it doesnt work, I'll just bring a dvd when I return.  They are in .mts format.  They play on my windows media player, but you may need a codex. 

it is beautiful here.  amazing.  we have a few photos but no cord so the other guy is going to email me. 

This evening training was no-gi for like 40 mins and then sparring for the rest of the time.  It was good.  Half sparred, half sat out.. then switched.  It was good.  Though I didn't have any trouble with any of my spars.. it's not, but I think people think so, that triangles are my specialty.  I think it was the only submission I got today, but submitted everyone like 3-4x in 5 mins spars by triangle.. but they kept giving it to me.  Tomorrow we have a lot of sparring too I think for one of our trainings, I'm going to try to get with blue belts or higher only.  There are a lot of new guys I think here. 

But it's still good.  Like you know, when you can teach stuff, it makes you know it better. 

Well, we are going out for sushi now so gotta jet, but I'l write more tomorrow, especially if terere comes!

Yesterday one of the brown belts from Poland was awarded his black belt.  Also, I hooked up with a some of the other guys and we all exchanged photos/vids.  I think I have 3 gigs just from this trip!!  Mostly in the gym, not many of Zakopane.  The gym last year was much better from what ive been told.  This one is too small for all of us.  There are like 5 air conditioners in the ceiling and ALL of them leak.  So we will be sparring or sitting watching a technique, and like a dl or 2dl's of water will pour from them.  Sometimes on top of us.  SOrry for short post about yesterday, but woke up late and gotta get breakfast before training.. we did deep half guard defense -> take back.  In the evening we had a little bit of no-gi, then the promotion, then technical sparring.

Now I'm curious? Did Tererê show upp, or was it the black belt graduation that was the big surprise? Should qualify as a big surprise for the polish guys at least.

Hope you've gotten better weather than here (lots of rain) so you have been able to do more hiking. But maybe, you just eat and sleep BJJ now? Great to be able to just focus on the BJJ on training trips.

Webbplats

No Terere.  The surprise was the new black belt.  Grats to him!  I only hiked on the first day.  After that, it was like you said, Eat, Bjj, rest, Bjj, eat, Sleep.  hehe.  But it was good.  Some guys that went last year said this year had a lot more techniques than last year.  Give me a few days to get back to normal here and I'll put them on DVD for you to distribute/look at.  I think Paiva said he was going to be going back to Poland sometime soon.

Alexandre Paiva (min och Anders instruktör) är i Finland (Espoo närmare bestämt) 19.1. - 25.1. Det utlystes med väldigt kort varsel, men om någon är intresserad så kontakta mig (som dock inte själv har möjlighet att åka).

Webbplats

14e-21a januari är Alexandre i Espoo (Finland) igen. Den som är intresserad kan höra av sig till mig.

Webbplats

ska kolla med frun. men tror att det i såna fall får bli till den helgen 19-20:de eller dylikt i såna fall. återkommer i frågan.

Inte stor och stark men snabb som en vessla!!